In order to connect families to the best dogs, we take the time to ask questions about you and your family.
Please fill out our adoption application before scheduling your “meet and greet”. Once we have received your application, we will review it and reach out to you as soon as possible. Because our staff is not onsite, if you cannot be present for the appointment, please let us know as soon as possible. The adoption fee for puppies is $300; $150 for adult dogs.
Adopting from Dawn Center Rescue
• Must be Be at least 21 years of age
• Have a U.S. government issued photo ID, such as a driver’slicense or state ID
• If you rent your home, be able to verify that you are allowed to have a pet of the breed/size by providing the pet policy in your lease.
• Bring along all family members (including children) to meet your new dog. Be sure to bring any resident dogs.
• Be available to spend up to an hour with an Adoption Counselor to discuss the responsibility of owning a pet and making a lifetime commitment.
• Spay or neuter any resident pets before you adopt. This is the most important thing you can do to help stop pet over-population and also gives your pet many health and behavioral benefits!*
• Be able to spend the time and resources necessary to provide the training, medical treatment and proper care for your pet.
• Be able to take the pet home on the day of adoption.
*We understand there are some responsible reasons why you might choose to not spay or neuter your pet. If that is the case in your home, please bring along the related veterinary records.